Handheld Surface Velocity Radar – (No Longer Available)
Handheld SVR “Surface Velocity Radar”
The handheld SVR allows hydrologists to quickly and safely determine the surface velocity of water even during emergency conditions. Using historically profiled cross-section of rivers and discharge rates, hydrologists can use the portable handheld SVR to easily and efficiently obtain real-time data to estimate the water discharge rates during high risk flooding and in mud slide areas in order to make scientific decisions to alert control centers.
At a lightweight 2.1 lbs and water resistant , the handheld SVR can easily be carried around by monitors under all weather conditions and locations.
The easy to read backlit LCD display, automatic vertical angle compensation and 50 reading recall features allow operators to easily and efficiently take measurements.
- Accuracy +/- 0.1 ft/s (+/- 0.03 m/s)
- Measurement range of 1 – 65 ft/s (0.3 – 20 m/s) makes it suitable for agricultural irrigation and emergency high flow conditions
- 5 digit LCD display with backlighting for low light use
- Saves and recalls the last 50 measurements
- Automatic angle correction (vertical) and user selectable (horizontal)
- FCC Part 15 (no license required)
- Battery powered – 6 AA rechargeable batteries
- Tripod mountable
- 2 year parts and labor warranty